We are proud to launch the AMPHL Mentorship Program. This program will match Deaf/Hard-of-Hearing professionals with anyone who needs guidance navigating the medical and health fields - such as medical, nursing, audiology, veterinary, EMS, sports health, etc. - no matter where you are in your career. To participate in this program as either a mentor or mentee, please complete a confidential survey to match you with a mentor/mentee based on career interest, region, communication styles, and mentor availability.
Ground rules for this program are:
- Most of the mentorship will be in the form of e-mentorship. If your mentor is in the same region, you may coordinate meetings and/or shadowing at the discretion of the mentor.
- Once assigned a mentor, take initiative to reach out, introduce yourself and present your goals for mentorship.
- Be respectful of your mentor’s time and give them time to respond.
- Please follow-up with your mentor if they took the time to respond. Mentors would love to hear from you how their advice worked out. It is disappointing to mentors to not hear back from their mentee after providing advice and help.
- Set a timeline for your mentorship, and at the end of that timeline, evaluate whether to continue formal mentoring relationship. If you choose to do so, please let the Mentorship Program coordinators know. It is ok to request to continue in an informal manner or to request a new mentor after the end of the mentoring period.
- If you are unhappy with your match or if any issues arise, please contact the Mentorship Program coordinators.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the AMPHL Mentorship Program coordinators at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please fill out this survey if you are interested in joining the Mentorship Program. Thank you!